We started on December 9th, 2013 as a small minigame server run by a few friends called MCFun Central. Over the next year, the server grew a lot and attracted more players. Since the server was intended to be a small server run by a few friends, we started to lose players because they lost interest. We realized that we could no longer be like this; we needed to expand.
In September 2014, TechBug2012 and SkyMage got together to plan to turn MCFun Central into a BungeeCord server network. They came up with the name Extrillius, a completely original name, and planning continued through to late December 2014.
On December 29th, 2014, the server hub was completed and put on PlanetMinecraft.
On December 31st, 2014, the domain extrillius.net was registered.
On January 2nd, 2015, all the Extrillius servers were purchased, and 7 months of setup began.
On May 13th, 2015, MCFun Central was shut down.
And that leaves us to today.
We are different from other Minecraft servers out there. Why is this?
- Staff: Our staff members are the best of the best. We meticulously hand-pick our staff members in order to make sure that they interact with you as much as possible, giving you the feeling that they are your friend, while making sure you still know that they are authority figures. They are the friendliest and most knowledgeable people you will meet on any Minecraft server. You can rest assured knowing that our staff members will fairly take care of all cheaters, hackers, and server attackers, they will never ban you for arbitrary reasons, and they will not cheat by using overpowered kits, flying during a PvP battle, giving themselves infinite money, or rising to the top ranks by going into creative mode. And if a mistake should happen, remember that they are only human — and that you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet to us, or tell us on our Facebook page, and let us know about any staff errors/cheating as well as appeal your bans there for a fast and fair response. We make sure our staff members do not act like kings (we’ve all been on one of those servers) but rather like a friend who ensures your safety. Our staff members are just one of the many reasons why we believe Extrillius feels like home.
- Originality: All of our spawns and maps are custom-built by our small team of professional builders, including Messi10noah, dancer4life565, hockeyplayer565, xGoldenMC, and BombsPvPYT. We believe originality is what makes people feel comfortable with a server, and we stick to this by running every build by our staff members and by ensuring that no maps or spawns are downloaded.
- Variety: We offer 11 different gametypes for you to choose, including a custom minigame called Boson X, which is the real-life indie game recreated in Minecraft. You can enjoy many different gametypes on the network, which are different but somehow feel connected. New gametypes are always being added, such as The Hektropolis Minecraft Server. No matter what your interests are, we have a place for you in Extrillius.
- Affordability: Have you ever gone on a server that either has their donations setup as pay-to-win, or offer a $200 package with virtually no perks? You won’t be dealing with this on Extrillius. We carefully plan out the prices and perks of each donator kit, and we make sure you get your money’s worth without having to deal with a pay-to-win experience. Our donations are separated into categories for each gametype as well as global donator ranks which give you added perks on every server in the network. We also feature subscriptions on some servers so you can pay monthly instead of having to pay a set larger price. If you would like to see our donator ranks/kits, you can type in /buy ingame or visit our Buycraft store.
- Freedom: Some servers have great potential, but still make you feel like you’re locked in a cage by doing things like only allowing you to chat every 3 seconds (where “one second” usually lasts one and a half seconds), not letting you type the same command twice (regardless of the time elapsed between the first and second time), punishing you in some way for swearing, or not allowing you to do simple commands (and sometimes not offering an explanation as to why). On Extrillius, we allow you to feel free while allowing you to filter out what you don’t want to see thanks to custom-coded plugins that our amazing staff members work on every day. We make sure each group has appropriate permissions, and we are always open to feedback regarding certain permissions. Overall, we offer a unique freedom that other servers cannot match.
Extrillius is not yet ready but we are very close, and you should be expecting a release very soon. Please like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter for status updates. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please send us an email at email@example.com or reach out to us on our social media outlets.